How to install a newly configured template
From HAA Best Practices WikiJump to navigationJump to search
The following instructions will allow you to install a freshly configured template into a CPanel-based hosting site. The install files consist of a SiteTemplate.zip file and a sql backup called modifiedModel.sql.
- Use cPannel->Databases->MySQL Database Wizard to create a new database with the name hrclassNN, where NN is the class year. (cPannel will automatically prefix this with xxx_, where xxx is the first eight letters of the site name. If there are fewer then eight letters, use them all. So for example http://www.hr65.org would end up as: hr65_hrclass65
- Set the user to ‘Joomla’ and use the password you chose in when your site was configured
- When asked which privileges to assign, check “All Privileges”.
- Copy the file SiteTemplate.zip to the root of your server (public_html) and decompress it there using cPannel->File Manager->public_html and use the “Extract” option on the tool bar.
- Delete SiteTemplate.zip
- Use cPannel->Databases->phpMyAdmin to import modifiedModel.sql
- Use cPannel->Databases->MySQLDatabases to add Joomla to hrclassxx
- Use CPanel->Mail->Email Accounts to create email accounts for admin@yoururl, webmaster@yoururl, and registration@yoururl.
- Use CPanel->Mail->Forwarders to set up forwarders for the three email addresses in the prior step that point to the webmaster’s actual email address.
- Test the site by accessing all the pages; registering a new user; and sending private email from one user to another.